THE TOP TEN THINGS ANNOYING ME ABOUT LOCKDOWN RIGHT NOW! BY SANDRA HARRIS. ©


 

THE TOP TEN THINGS ANNOYING ME ABOUT LOCKDOWN RIGHT NOW!

BY SANDRA HARRIS. ©


  1. Firstly, it's probably the fact that I currently have so little to write about due to being in lockdown that I end up writing posts like this, lol. My favourite shops and restaurants are closed, so I can't entertain myself by going there. Cinemas and libraries, ditto. Both my kids' birthdays are in January, and they'll have to celebrate them both at home and not by going out for dinner somewhere, like we'd usually do, and there's nothing we can do about it besides low-level grumbling. Grumble, grumble, grumble...

  2. Why are they still showing footage of people being swabbed for Covid and now vaccinated for Covid on the news? I'm sick to the back teeth. if you'll excuse the pun, of seeing those deadly swab sticks or whatever they are going up peoples' noses and throats WHILE I'M TRYING TO EAT MY GODDAMN DINNER. It's so off-putting. And now they're showing peoples' arms having the vaccine actually jabbed into them and it's just as bad. The other night, they were showing a woman in her eighties on the news receiving the vaccine and I swear to God her eyes were closed and it looked like she wasn't conscious behind her mask. But they still picked up that arm, flapped it about like a chicken's wing and stabbed it with the vaccine. I know the vaccine is a good thing, but how many arms are we going to have see being poked with a needle before this pandemic finally plays itself out? What about the squeamish, or the needle-phobics? Do we even exist? Clearly we don't matter at all to the big news moguls.

  3. I'm obsessed with the news now, like so many other of my fellow humans. I watch the News at Five-thirty on Virgin Media One, the Six-One on RTÉ One, the Nine o'clock News on RTÉ One and Prime Time, a news magazine programme on RTÉ One. I know all the newsreaders' names and, when one of them has been missing for a few days, I find myself starting to wonder if they're off sick or just on a bit of a break. I can tell when one of the lady newsreaders has worn that same dress before or if another lady newsreader has ever worn it too, and when the male newsreaders have had a haircut or nicked themselves shaving. I follow a lot of 'em on Twitter now, getting their opinions on their personal lives as well as the news. It's more than I ever thought I'd know about my newsreaders, and, in a way, it's far too much...

  4. I openly confess to being a 'doomscroller,' someone who constantly checks their news and social media outlets for more bad news. Mental health experts have decided that the practice can be detrimental to a person's, well, mental health. No shit, Sherlock, lol. I do know when to stop, however. Usually just after the post about Covid's  causing you to grow an extra head, and definitely after wrapping my kids in clingfilm and popping them in the fridge to prevent them from catching the virus.

  5. Dirty, discarded masks on the street. As bad as seeing used condoms and used Band-aids there.

  6. More dog poo on the streets than ever before, because so many people have taken to dog-walking as exercise during the pandemic. Not all of them are carrying pooper-scoopers, however. Grrr...

  7. Our takeaway-delivery guy no longer climbs the steps to our top-floor flat because of 'Covid.' Instead, he phones us to tell us that he's outside, and we have to go down to him now to collect the food. 'It's for your own health and safety, madam,' he assures me as he pockets the money, but what difference does it make, health-and-safety-wise, if he takes my twenty quid off me at the top or the bottom of the stairs? Lazy git. He never liked climbing those stairs to begin with...

  8. SpecsSavers keeps sending me spam letters, begging me to come in for a check-up. I already told you, SpecsSavers... no...!

  9. The news that our Taoiseach, Mícheál Martin, is planning to travel to Washington to meet newly inaugurated President Biden for the traditional St. Patrick's handover of a bowl of shamrock, when the ordinary people of Ireland are confined during the pandemic to within five kilometres of where they live, is disgusting news. He'll lose a lot of support if he goes ahead with his zany plan to fly in the face of the Irish people, excuse the pun again.

  10. Nothing new ever happens, so I have nothing new to write about. Oh, I already said this one, did I? It was Number One on this list? Right, well, there you are then, see. We're all so bored we don't even know what we're saying any more, never mind whether we said the same thing only ten minutes earlier. Never mind whether we said the same thing only ten minutes earlier. Never mind whether... Well, I guess I'd better sign off now before I go completely doo-lally. The kids are in the fridge, clamouring to be let out, and I've scheduled a Zoom meeting with my mother, to talk about homeschooling for the cat. Over and out.


           AUTHOR BIOGRAPHY OF SANDRA HARRIS.

Sandra Harris is a Dublin-based novelist, poet, short story writer and film and book blogger. She has studied Creative Writing and Film-Making. She has published a number of e-books on the following topics: horror film reviews, multi-genre film reviews, women's fiction, erotic fiction, erotic horror fiction and erotic poetry. Several new books are currently in the pipeline. You can browse or buy any of Sandra's books by following the link below straight to her Amazon Author Page:

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B015GDE5RO

Her debut romantic fiction novel, 'THIRTEEN STOPS,' is out now from Poolbeg Books.

https://www.amazon.com/Thirteen-Stops-Sandra-Harris-ebook/dp/B089DJMH64



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REMEMBERING MT-USA AND VINCENT 'FAB VINNIE' HANLEY. BY SANDRA HARRIS.

PHILLIP SCHOFIELD, THIS MORNING AND THAT WHOLE KETTLE OF FISH. BY SANDRA HARRIS.

LOVIN' LOVE ISLAND: MY GUILTY PLEASURE. BY SANDRA HARRIS. ©